About Maine P-PODS
Who are we?
In 2012, a group of parents and providers worked together to create Maine P-PODS, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization to help families of children with Type 1 diabetes. Our executive board consists of dedicated parents and professionals who are commited and passionate about meeting the ongoing needs of families who manage Type 1 diabetes to provide community, education, and respite.
- President – Ken Levesque (parent of PWD)
- Vice President – Beth Blades, RN, CDE (Diabetes Educator)
- Treasurer – Shelly Goding (parent of PWD)
- Secretary – Sarah Leonard (Parent of PWD)
- Kathy Coughlin (Parent of PWD)
- Elizabeth Hamblin (Parent of PWD)
- Kerri Nicholas (Parent of PWD)
- Jerrold Olshan, MD (Pediatric Endocrinologist)
- Ashley Thomas (Parent of PWD)
- Maryann Waterman, APRN-FNP, CDE (Diabetes Educator)
- Julie Barnes, RN, CDE (Diabetes Educator)
- Loreta McDonell (Parent of PWD)
- Brandi Kaplan (Parent of PWD)